- Business Services
- Bowdoin, ME USA
- May 28, 2021
This is a full-time Staff Accounting position responsible for Accounts Payable and General Accounting duties which includes preparing journal entries, maintaining balance sheet reconciliations and schedules. This position will assist with monthly closing and account analysis and supporting the accounting department. Adherence to high standards of ethical conduct and appropriate work habits are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned
- Coordinate approval process of all accounts payable invoices via department managers
- Coordinate and input payables into Infor
- Maintain open and paid vendor files
- Coordinate new vendor setup
- Reconcile vendor statements and handle payment complaints and discrepancies
- Process AP Check payments & ACH Payments
- Maintain and file 1099’s at year end
- File CMS Open (Payments Sunshine Act)
- Make daily & month-end standard journal entries as necessary
- Analyze accounts and propose journal entries
- Enter journals entry for bi-weekly payroll as prepared by Finance Manager
- Enter Year-end payroll journal entry accrual
Infor– Fixed Asset Data Base
- Maintain company Fixed Asset data base – setup and disposing of assets & maintenance of Construction in Progress list.
- Calculate depreciation and enter monthly depreciate entry into Infor and reconcile to the General Ledger.
- Reconcile and maintain general ledger accounts. Periodically review throughout the month input accuracy.
- Assist with monthly closing
- Analyze & Prepare Account Reconciliations
- Make month-end journal entries
- Respond to inquiries from Management regarding expenses
- Assist with interim and external audit
COLLATERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees
- Enthusiastic participation in company sponsored or other community events will be considered in performance reviews
- Working knowledge of US GAAP preferred
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Planning and organization
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Initiative and team work
- Ability to function without close supervision
- Experience with CIS (Infor) preferred
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Degree in Accounting and/or 1-3+ years of accounting experience is preferred. Proficient in Excel and intermediate experience with other Microsoft programs
None at this time
Must be fluent in verbal and written English. Other languages helpful, but not required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate, converse, express oneself, detect and exchange information. Must be able to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time. Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as calculator, copy machine, phone and computer printer. The employees must seldom lift and/or move more than 20 pounds. Must be able to spend extended hours in front of a computer screen and have clarity of vision.
The work environment characteristics describe here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.