The Financial Controller will be responsible for all aspects of financial management, including corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecast preparation, as well as development of internal controls designed to mitigate risk and enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results. This is a hands-on position that will require performance of the essential duties personally as well as in conjunction with and supervising others in the department. The Controller will be part of the Leadership Team and will attend all Review Committee (RC) and Leadership Team meetings.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the overall management and direction of the quality, accuracy, and thoroughness of all general accounting activities for FHC, Inc. and its related companies.
- Safeguard the financial resources of the business through establishing and monitoring programs for internal controls and general security. Plan for and effectively manage cash flow and make determination of how to best manage.
- Responsible for month-end and year-end close processes and to provide support for the annual audit including direct interface with the external audit firm
- Ensure accuracy of the general ledger and monthly journal entries
- Issue timely and complete financial statements including subsidiaries and wellness entities
- Responsible for Consolidations and Eliminations for Quarterly and Yearly financial statements
- Coordinate and lead the annual budgeting and bi-annual forecasting processes, including the subsequent monthly follow-up meetings with departmental leads to best monitor progress to plan targets
- Comply with federal, state, and local requirements for payroll, corporate taxes, 401(K), and ESOP by knowing existing and new legislation and filing timely reports and deposits.
- Work closely with CEO and other senior managers to establish financial objectives and goals
- Act as a company liaison to banking institutions and officials, attorneys, accountants, and other vendors and consultants
- Manage, lead, and develop the Accounting Team through coaching and mentoring
- Ensure that reconciliations of all balance sheet accounts, including cash receivables and inventories, are completed, and verified monthly
- Maintain the chart of accounts
- Provide inventory management assistance to sales, production, engineering and senior management
- Provide support for Cost Accounting activities and mentor finance team in Cost Accounting activities
- Verify payroll and benefits accounts in a timely manner
- Provide payroll tax information support to HR
- Represent and present quarterly financial results to FHC’s Board of Directors
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products, and its employees
- Promote the Company’s Vision, Mission, and Culture
- Work closely with department managers and their staffs, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures, but also to explore how these functions can support department operations
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year
- Assist with special projects as assigned
This position has the Accounting Manager as a direct report
- Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
- Financial experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience performing multiple entity consolidations and eliminations
- Experience with accounting for an international entity desirable
- Experience with Mergers and Acquisitions desirable
- Excellent intrapersonal, communication, and organizational skills required
- Comfortable working both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Technology savvy, experience with INFOR Cloud Suite is highly desirable
- Experience with ERP system implementation/migration desirable
- Proactive, hands-on strategic thinker who will own the responsibility of finance and accounting
- Knowledge of inventory accounting procedures required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration, MBA preferred
- 7+ years of finance experience in a management role
- Certified Public Accountant highly desired
Fluent use of written and verbal English. Other languages helpful, but not required.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS and REASONING ABILITY:
Excellent mathematical skills, logical analysis and the ability to communicate complex ideas to others are essential skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
CPA highly desired
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.
This position can work out of either the FHC Headquarters in Bowdoin, ME or GNS located in Greenville, PA with the flexibility to do some travel between the two sites to assist with end of year and various projects throughout the year.