SUMMARY: This position is responsible for performing the assembly and packaging of products using necessary materials and equipment according to Quality System work instructions, work orders, and engineering drawings. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Assemble product following work and print instructions as specified on manufacturing job orders generated from FHC’s ERP system.
- Relieve inventory physically and/or electronically through FHC’s ERP system if needed and follow the procedures to account for all items.
- Through in-process checks within the process, the Production Tech will ensure the integrity of each product he/she produces and own that part of the manufacturing process to ensure a quality product is produced to pass on to the next step in the manufacturing process and ultimately FHC’s external customers.
- Assure tolerances are within acceptable range. This may include use of microscopes and will require manual dexterity working with tiny components for extended periods of time.
- Maintain accuracy when packaging and assembling final product while using multiple lot specific items.
- Print labels from label software program and verify, in conjunction with the Quality department, the correct label is printed to be applied to the final product.
- Assure quality of assembled product, including proper label placement as documented on the engineering drawing and/or quality management system work instruction
- Participate in continuous improvement training and projects.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company-approved community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Teamwork Orientation
- Time Management
- Technical Capacity
- Basic computer skills, blueprint reading and good math skills are desirable.
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for 1 to 4 hours at a time.
- Track record of success in previous positions including teamwork, integrity, accountability, drive, optimism, positive attitude, attention to detail, and a commitment to quality.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or equivalent required. 3-5 years relevant experience and/or education in a relevant field. Experience working in a manufacturing environment with delicate parts is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Fluent use of verbal and written English. Other languages are beneficial, but not required.
Good general math skills including knowledge of the metric system.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to sit for the majority of the work day; reach with hands and arms; twist and rotate body, use of foot pedals, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. There is extensive use of hands which requiring handling and manipulating of very small detailed objects. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills are required daily.The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.