- Bowdoin, ME USA
- Dec 02, 2019
The Customer Support Specialist will be responsible for representing FHC by providing customer sales and service support with FHC’s current and potential customers. The Customer Support Specialist is responsible for being the professional interface of FHC through all customer interactions. This position will also support Regional Development Managers (RDM) and Customer Development Technicians (CDT) globally with the product support, service and ordering process in addition to sales solicitation initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other duties may be assigned.)
- Meet the needs of our external and internal customers including but not limited to creating sales quotes, processing sales orders, payments, creating RMAs and other related sales and customer service documentation.
- Maintain and record all customer contact activity and next actions into the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Software System.
- Develop and maintain working knowledge and understanding of tools, processes, work instructions and resource available to perform the assigned tasks effectively.
- Contact customers and potential customers as needed to support special marketing projects and sales initiatives.
- Appropriately and in a timely manner follow up on assigned next actions (tasks) documented in the CRM system.
- Assist the RDMs and the CDTs with inquiries, file transfers and other sales and service activities.
- Participate in initiatives including shipment and return of loaner equipment, rental assets, samples, solicitation of preventative maintenance agreements, quality and regulatory initiatives.
- Participate in new and current customer development programs.
- Report and document any known competitors’ products, sales and marketing activities through Marketing’s information capture system.
- Assist in customer input into new product development including testimonials, customer feedback and market partner feedback through Marketing’s information capture system.
- Collect customer and product sales data.
- Provide marketing and sales materials and other appropriate materials to external and internal customers.
- Provide input to monthly and quarterly sales forecasts.
- Assist Marketing towards establishing FHC as “the” Neural MicroTargeting Worldwide Support Company by assisting in coaching and training of other associates related to products and process based on personal experience, education or as directed.
- This position will be a Monday-Friday, 8AM-5:00PM schedule.
- Be comfortable with multi-line phone systems and be able to answer, take messages if necessary and efficiently direct incoming calls while providing exceptional customer service.
- Greet visitors and have them sign-in upon arrival and out upon departure as well as providing them with a security badge or an escort into the building if necessary. In addition, will maintain the visitor log sheet.
- Support and perform other Customer Service administrative duties as requested and coordinated through the Customer Support Lead and/or Director of Resources.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service, sales and promoting the well-being of the company, its products and employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE AND MARKET KNOWLEDGE
- Be willing to attend, learn from and ask questions and demonstrate knowledge in order to offer solutions to the customers.
- Develop and maintain a high level of product knowledge to support customer inquiries.
- Participate in training to understand basic clinical and research applications, functions, features and benefits with ability to communicate them to customers.
- Build knowledge of distribution system for products to all market segments.
- Develop an understanding of market dynamics and be able to communicate those to management, RDMs and CDTs as you become aware of changes. Also, use this information to identify business opportunities and communicate them as needed. Be a conduit for the customer/market (“voice of the customer”) – respond to customer needs (“solution provider”), while balancing company objectives.
- Assist other sales team members and communicate strategies that have proven to be effective.
- Determine when most appropriate to pull in additional company resources to address clinical, technical or administrative issues.
None at this time
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Associates degree in Marketing or Business preferred with a minimum of one or more years of successful customer service experience, which required the candidate to close business. Experience with durable medical equipment, medical devices and calling on hospitals or alternate care environment is desirable.
LANGUAGE AND MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:
Demonstrate in-depth sales techniques and financial principles. Possess the ability to effectively communicate orally or in written form with internal and external customers.
Demonstrate the ability to anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
None required at this time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to observe, talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.