- Bowdoin, ME USA
- Sep 19, 2022
The Human Resources Assistant will provide administrative support to the Human Resource Department and is responsible for some daily administrative tasks associated with the department, including but not limited to answering a multiline line telephone and direct incoming calls to appropriate contacts, being point of contact for Fitness center inquiries, hospitality needs; greeting visitors and guests, lunch pickups for Board Meetings, making sure coffee is ordered and in supply for the bistro, planning for anniversary and treat day festivities. The HR Assistant will serve internal and external customers with professionalism. This position requires confidence, integrity and the ability to assist with clerical tasks involving confidential personnel matters. This position will require strict adherence to employee and company confidentiality policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned
- Handle confidential material with trustworthiness and respect for employees
- Assist with departmental daily and quarterly metrics
- Partner with HR Associates and FHC Wellness Coach to execute an annual wellness program, including planning and organizing health education events, ARC Blood drives, Flu Shot Clinic
- Assist in planning and facilitating wellness events and opportunities throughout the year
- Assist with organization of Facilities Work Orders
- Monitor Pegboard -making sure employee are pegged in
- Maintain the Bistro and Vestibule coffee, placing orders as needed through our vendor.
- Assist will organizing key internal/external community event such as the United Way, Red Cross Blood Drives, Giving Tree, FHC’s annual picnic and recognition dinner.
- Manage FHC’s Community Education Foundation
- Hospitality as needed- opening/closing procedures- greeting visitors and checking them in, lunch pickups for Board Meetings, accommodations for out of town visitors, making sure coffee is ordered and in supply for the bistro, planning for anniversary and treat day festivities.
- Assist customers and prospective customers by providing enrollment and membership information, taking payments and processing them as directed.
- Post all cash/check transactions in CFC Website
- Remain prepared to accept new and/or changing responsibilities as the Resources Group continues to grow.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
None at this time.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Understanding of basic HR principles relating to employee confidentiality and all types of information in all forms.
Excellent communication and organization skills
Computer proficient with extensive knowledge of spreadsheet management.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Business degree or equivalent or experience in office administration or Human Resources.
Good business math skills
Analytical and deductive reasoning skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.