- Bowdoin, ME USA
- Nov 22, 2022
SUMMARY: The Manufacturing Engineer works closely with Production, Quality, Materials and Engineering to help define and continually improve all manufacturing processes. This position will assist in resolving existing production issues, reviewing the existing process for improvement opportunities with regard to fixturing or other mechanical solutions, revising the process to ensure efficiency, and ensuring the process is accurately documented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Work closely with Production Management to gather feedback and suggestions towards continual improvements for production processes.
- Implement ECs and process documentation edits.
- Maintain the Preventive Maintenance and Calibration systems.
- Facilitate the document control process including upkeep of appropriate records for changes as well as maintaining approved documentation.
- Assist in the development of 1000 (FHC manufacturing processes), 4000 (FHC quality assurance processes) and 7000 (FHC packaging processes) level DMR assembly instructions and the fixturing and processes necessary to support them.
- Process print redmarks and assist Production with processing of labor, BOM or other non-print redmarks.
- Design and introduce equipment to error proof and/or automate processes.
- Perform process and equipment validations in conjunction with Engineering and Quality.
- Assist with the introduction of new prints, processes and instructions.
- Work with Engineering on projects as requested.
- Maintain familiarity with relevant portions of the FHC Quality System and perform all duties within its guidelines, specifically those pertaining to calibration and the documentation to support calibration activities.
- Deliver clear and concise written and verbal communication to management, other team members and end users.
- Maintain familiarity with the “state of the art” in machining and micromachining techniques, materials science, the biomedical industry, computer aided design solutions and mechanical engineering.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude in paying close attention to detail.
- Ability to analyze issues and develop corrective and preventive actions that address the root cause.
- Ability to work with others of varied backgrounds and skill sets and assign tasks accordingly.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited technical or liberal arts institution or 1-3 years’ experience in mechanical/electrical engineering techniques.
- Experience in customer complaint handling; process improvement and statistical process control (SPC) is preferred.
- Experience leading teams without direct supervisory responsibility is a plus.
- Familiarity with ISO/FDA standards is a plus.
- Familiarity with chemicals and chemical safety is a plus.
English. Additional languages beneficial.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS ANND REASONING ABILITY:
Solid understanding of higher math including calculus and trigonometry, strong scientific aptitude.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Lean or Six Sigma green belt a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.