- Bowdoin, ME USA
- Aug 27, 2021
SUMMARY: The Product Development Engineer – Electrical will assume responsibility for sustaining engineering of FHC’s electro-mechanical and electrophysiological clinical and research systems. Where necessary the Product Development Engineer will propose projects or issue Engineering Change Orders to improve electronic device quality and ease-of-manufacture. The target candidate will seek out opportunities to reduce cost-of-goods-sold and participate in continuous improvement activities.
CORE COMPENCIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to troubleshoot mixed signal circuitry and electro-mechanical systems down to the component level.
- Working knowledge of C/C++ embedded firmware code. Experience programming embedded systems.
- Familiarity with schematic capture and PCB layout (Altium Designer) and CAD software.
- Create BOMs and prints to facilitate manufacture of circuit boards.
- Ability to source replacement electronic components due to obsolescence.
- Interface with external circuit board manufacturers.
- Work with test labs to facilitate medical device compliance to EMC and Safety regulations.
- Develop and implement production ready processes to meet established specifications
- Manage production processes to maintain and improve performance and reliability
- Maintain familiarity with relevant portions of the FHC Quality System and perform all duties within its guidelines, specifically those pertaining to design control, software development, EC’s and CAPA. Initiate and/or contribute to engineering changes (EC’s), corrective and preventive actions (CAPA) and bug reports as necessary.
- Provide reasonably accurate estimations of the amount of work required for completion of assigned product development tasks. Alert team members as early as possible if estimates change during the development process.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees.
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored or other community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year.
None at this time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- A Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronic Engineering Technology.
- A two year Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering will be considered based on experience.
- 0-3 years experience. Medical device preferred.
Fluent in speaking and writing in English. Additional languages beneficial
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS ANND REASONING ABILITY:
Solid understanding of higher math including calculus and trigonometry, strong scientific aptitude.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use of hands and fingers, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate.