- Bowdoin, ME USA
- Feb 13, 2020
Join us in the business of changing peoples’ lives every
day. FHC designs, manufactures, and internationally markets trusted products
that provide customizable solutions for neuroscientists and neurosurgeons. FHC’s neurosurgery products are used in
leading functional neurosurgical centers worldwide, for various therapies such as: deep
brain stimulation, ablation, resection, and for movement disorders such as
Parkinson’s Disease, Epilepsy, Dystonia, and Essential Tremor.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM), Midwest is accountable for daily sales, design and implementation/execution of tactical plans for the FHC products in the defined territory. That responsibility extends to both, short and long-term budgeting and planning processes with on-going interaction with the VP of Sales and Marketing, to ensure continuous strong growth in revenue and profit. It is expected that the RSM is a product expert to the level of being able to guide product use and attend and support surgical cases. The RSM will be responsible for administration, maintenance and accuracy of market, customer and contact information through a CRM system. The RSM will maintain current and accurate Opportunity and Task pipelines. The RSM will be responsible for managing the overall productivity and success of at least one, and as many as five, Clinical Application and Sales Specialists (CASS) within their assigned area. He/she ensures that sales and other objectives are reached. He/she contributes to creation and enhancement of FHC’s image in the marketplace.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinate with the VP of Sales and Marketing to develop and execute a territory sales and marketing plan, product launches, collaboration initiatives and research and clinical sales strategies each year
- Meet with potential customers, establish rapport, provide necessary product demonstrations/presentations, and successfully negotiate and close sales as identified in regional planning
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of sales techniques and financial principles
- Attend surgeries and provide case support as requested or needed
- Support balanced sales and marketing efforts to both research and clinical opportunities
- Monitor, report, and act on competitive activities and information.
- Establish and maintain relationships with customers, contacts and key strategic partners
- Represent the company at trade shows and special events to promote products.
- Forecast, and control expenditures to conform to fiscal year sales and expense budgets
- Prepare periodic sales reports indicating potential sales and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Collect, maintain and document customer contact and partner information, Opportunities, Tasks and next actions daily in the CRM system
- Maintain opportunity pipeline for the assigned region with the VP of Sales and Marketing
- Be organized and be able to network and negotiate
- Promote and maintain a strong working relationship and contact with associated co-marketing alliances and industry partners
- Be willing to relocate within assigned territory
- Be available to travel at least 60% of the time
- Be self-directed and flexible to work evenings and weekends
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products and its employees
- Exemplify the FHC core values
The RSM will be responsible for managing at least one, and as many as five, CASS within their assigned area and be responsible for their team’s overall productivity and success
- Self-directed and self-motivated
- Customer oriented
- Must be able to travel
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or Business preferred with a minimum of five years related experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Upon hire employee will be required to complete a minimum of the following:
Vendor certification specific to hospital which may include, but are not limited to security clearance, drug testing, medical clearance, up to date medical and vaccination records, and written testing of operating room protocol.
The physical demands as described in the duties and responsibilities, are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Travel is a requirement and the travel environment may fluctuate geographically and environmentally.
Full slate of comprehensive benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, company paid STD/LTD and Life Insurance, 401(k) plan with generous employer match, voluntary life insurance, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, and paid time off.
After an initial training period in Bowdoin, ME and Greenville, PA, position will be based in the Midwest territory. Authorization to work in the United States required.
- Base salary $80,000/yr
- Total compensation $130,000/yr
- Range: $80K to $187K