- Materials Management
- Bowdoin, ME USA
- May 13, 2022
The Shipping & Receiving Technician is an entry level position that is responsible for all of FHC, Inc.’s incoming and outgoing shipments. The position requires a basic knowledge of FHC products and an extensive knowledge of shipping requirements. Interfacing with multiple departments to ensure the best delivery dates and methods are used to meet customers’ requirements and to assure a unique and satisfying experience for both internal and external customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for processing Inbound and Outbound Returns (RMAs)
- Maintains record of RMA statuses including estimated dates of arrival and departure
- Creates, issues, and shepherds Repair and Return jobs through the ERP system as well as through the physical workflow
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against sales orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment
- Sorts, counts, packages, insures, unpacks, and/or logs inventory in the ERP system which is shipped or received
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies purchasing personnel and/or Quality & Materials Management Support Technician for vendor contact
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments including return of product from the customer complaint process to the Quality, Engineering and Regulatory Group for investigation and evaluation
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments, initiates proof of delivery documents
- Maintains minimum operating inventory of shipping materials in all stockrooms ensuring pathways are clear to avoid any safety issues as well as monitors finished goods inventory and communicates MM buyer
- Ensures shipments to FHC-Greenville, FHC-Europe and FHC-LA are delivered on time to guarantee customer satisfaction in support of both the production and sales departments
- Have a good working knowledge of the FHC’s ERP system to perform shipment releases, PO receipts, to recognize errors or discrepancies that will negatively impact customer experience, quality and regulatory guidelines, or safety
- Provide shipping quotes as necessary
- Maintain Pick Slips ensuring customer orders are shipped on time
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
- Maintain a positive attitude and a passion for excellence in customer service and for promoting the well-being of the company, its products, and its employees
- Conduct self in a professional manner always
- Enthusiastically participate in company sponsored community events for the sake of charitable giving in the amount of 4 hours each quarter year
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
- Self-motivated individual who can prioritize their workload and multitask to meet deadlines
- Be highly organized, detail-oriented, and able to maintain organized electronic and paper files and records
- Proficient in office computer systems with experience in Word and Excel and the ability to quickly learn company specific software
- Good math skills
- Good communication skills to provide excellent customer service to both internal customers and external contacts.
- Fluent use of the English language (speaking and reading).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
High School or equivalent required. Associates or higher Degree, or commensurate experience preferred but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is regularly required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move various sized cartons/packages typically weighing less than 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the professional, smoke-free work environment is usually moderate. Shipping and receiving operates in a warehouse type atmosphere.