We are looking for a Production Technician to join our team and assist in assembling and packaging products according to our Quality System work instructions, work orders, and engineering drawings. The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining a safe and efficient production environment while performing in-process checks to ensure the quality and integrity of each product.
- Assemble and package products following work and print instructions specified on manufacturing job orders.
- Relieve inventory physically and/or electronically through FHC’s ERP system and follow procedures to account for all items.
- Ensure the integrity of each product by performing in-process checks within the process and own that part of the manufacturing process to ensure a quality product is produced.
- Assure tolerances are within acceptable range by using microscopes and manual dexterity working with tiny components for extended periods of time.
- Maintain accuracy when packaging and assembling final product while using multiple lot specific items.
- Print labels from label software program and verify, in conjunction with the Quality department, the correct label is printed to be applied to the final product.
- Assure quality of assembled product, including proper label placement as documented on the engineering drawing and/or quality management system work instruction.
- Participate in continuous improvement training and projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment with delicate parts is preferred.
- Manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination required.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks for 1 to 4 hours at a time.
- Basic computer skills, blueprint reading, and good math skills are desirable including knowledge of the metric system.
- Thoroughness, teamwork orientation, time management, and technical capacity are necessary competencies.
- Track record of success in previous positions including teamwork, integrity, accountability, drive, optimism, positive attitude, attention to detail, and a commitment to quality.
- Fluent use of verbal and written English. Other languages are beneficial, but not required.
Physical Demands: The successful candidate must be able to meet the physical demands of this job which include standing, walking, using hands and fingers to handle or feel, sitting for the majority of the workday, reaching with hands and arms, twisting and rotating the body, using foot pedals, climbing or balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling, and handling and manipulating very small, detailed objects. Manual dexterity and fine motor skills are required daily. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work Environment: The successful candidate will be working in a professional, smoke-free work environment with a moderate noise level.
If you are an enthusiastic and detail-oriented individual with a commitment to quality and teamwork, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity to join our team as a Production Technician! We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages.